What does it mean to “Be the Sprinkles”
What is a sprinkle? It’s a colorful, sweet topping that accompanies an already perfect ice cream cone or sundae. Without them, the delicious treats can stand on their own, but the sprinkles add a sense of fun and excitement.
For the board members of Capital City Clauses, “Be the Sprinkles” is a motto woven into our day-to-day operations and guides our decisions.
When deciding what nonprofits to support, we compare their requests against the “sprinkle” barometer. Will our donations be used to bring hope, cheer, and joy to children that need it the most?
Most recently, this has looked like:
- Funding and providing toys for toy chests for children at local hospitals through Zach’s Toy Chest
- Funding and providing toys to NC Friends of Santa that they distribute to children that live in communities affected by disasters.
- Funding adaptive play equipment for children of all abilities at the Tammy Lynn Center
- Funding the annual Bike Rodeo at the Poe Center
- Funding personal libraries for children that participate in Read and Feed
- Providing toys for Salvation Army’s Christmas Cheer Program
It is the Clauses’ goal not to be the ice cream, the hot fudge, or the cherry on top. Instead, we want to be the “sprinkles of joy” and bring a little bit of magic to those who often have little or no opportunity for such frivolousness.
To help us make an impact, consider donating, attending an event (Jingle Ball is December 8th), or sponsoring Jingle in July or Jingle Ball.
“Be the sprinkles!” Make a difference in a child’s life!